The resorts of the Robert Trent Jones Golf Trail — flagships of the Alabama tourism industry — are reopening most of their services this week, along with hotels across the state.
The re-openings are in accordance with the last, phased guidance ordered by Gov. Kay Ivey, called the Safe at Home Order, which expires on Friday, May 22, at 5 p.m.
The 26 golf courses of the RTJ Trail have never been closed, since golf is one of the few sports that accord with the distancing rules of the virus crisis.
Other recreational venues, from bowling to health spas, are planning on opening this week along with the hospitality industry.
The hotels and resorts of the RTJ Trail are preparing to reopen restaurants and spas in the coming days, with a major focus on safety and social distancing. Managed by PCH Hotels and Resorts and owned by the Retirement Systems of Alabama, the properties have been open with limited services over the past weeks. They are reopening spa and restaurant services in accordance with the governor’s orders. Initially, spas will offer hair and nail services. Massages, facials and access whirlpools and other spa amenities will be added in the future.
All pools have reopened, except the Battle House pool, which will reopen Friday, May 22. The RTJ golf courses and resort tennis courts are available, where applicable. The reopening timeline and enhanced safety protocols for the restaurants and spas are highlighted below.
Reopening Timelines for Restaurants and Spas (South to North)
- Grand Hotel Golf Resort & Spa – Pt. Clear, Alabama: Bayside Grill and Bucky’s Bar reopened Friday, May 15. Spa at the Grand will reopen on Wednesday, May 20. Massages and facials will begin May 20, as well.
- Renaissance Riverview Plaza Hotel – Mobile, Alabama: Fathoms Lounge reopened May 12.
- Battle House Renaissance Mobile Hotel & Spa – Mobile, Alabama: Joe Cain Cafe reopened May 11. Spa at the Battle House reopened May 12. Massages and facials begin May 27. Pool reopens May 22.
- Renaissance Montgomery Hotel & Spa – Montgomery, Alabama: House Restaurant reopened on Friday, May 15. Spa at Montgomery will reopen May 22 for massages. Hair, nails and facials to be added soon.
- Marriott Prattville Hotel and Conference Center at Capitol Hill – Prattville, Alabama: Oak Tavern reopened May 15.
- Auburn/Opelika Marriott Resort & Spa at Grand National – Opelika, Alabama: Splash Bar reopened on Thursday, May 14. Spa at Grand National will reopen Thursday, May 21 for hair, nails, massages and facials.
- Renaissance Ross Bridge Golf Resort & Spa – Hoover, Alabama: Clubhouse Restaurant reopened May 12. Spa at Ross Bridge reopened on May 15. Massages and facials begin May 21.
- Marriott Shoals Hotel & Spa – Florence, Alabama — Swamper’s Bar and Grille reopened on May 11. Spa at the Shoals reopened on May 14 for hair. Massages, facials and nails begin May 21.