The Association of Fundraising Professionals Alabama Chapter has named 2023 Philanthropy Day honorees in eight categories.
Winners will be honored at a luncheon Nov. 3 at the Harbert Center in Birmingham in advance of National Philanthropy Day, which is Nov. 15.
Here are this year’s honorees and their nominators:
- Dr. and Mrs. Marnix Heersink, William M. and Virginia B. Spencer Outstanding Philanthropists, nominated by the University of Alabama at Birmingham.
- Lori Livingston, United Way of Central Alabama Outstanding Civic Leader, nominated by the Norma Livingston Ovarian Cancer Foundation.
- Jennifer Philpot, William S. Roth Outstanding Fundraising Executive, nominated by the Norma Livingston Ovarian Cancer Foundation.
- Express Oil Change & Tire Engineers, Outstanding Corporate Citizen, nominated by Children’s of Alabama.
- Kathryn W. Miree, Community Foundation of Greater Birmingham Outstanding Professional Advisor, nominated by United Way of Central Alabama.
- Heart Gallery of Alabama, Outstanding Charitable Organization.
- Ethan Hill, Bill Moran Outstanding Youth in Philanthropy, nominated by Altamont School.
- Christopher Biggins, AFP Alabama Chapter IDEA Award, nominated by United Ability.
The Association of Fundraising Professionals includes 27,000 members in more than 240 chapters throughout the world, including more than 140 members representing 84 organizations across Alabama. Members are working to advance philanthropy through education, training, professional development and networking opportunities.
The 2023 National Philanthropy Day honorees were selected by a committee of community leaders in Alabama. None of the committee members are affiliated with AFP Alabama as board or chapter members.
Business Alabama magazine is partnering with AFP Alabama on the event. For sponsorship and VIP table opportunities, contact Walker Sorrell at [email protected]. Ticket sales will open in mid-September.